Middle School incorporates students from Grade 5 through to Year 8, which encompasses both the upper primary and lower secondary year levels of the College.
It is comprised of four classes in each year level with an average of 26 students in each class.
Special features include:
- An effective pastoral care system.
- An administrative structure which takes notice of each individual and provides pathways of access for parents.
- The assistance and monitoring of the development of personal organisation skills.
- A well rounded curriculum which emphasises the consolidation of basic skills with the help of literacy/numeracy programs, the English/Mathematics groupings, the timetabling of classes and the provision of services.
- The introduction of specialist areas such as Creative Arts and Languages.
- The utilisation of effective techniques to assist the transition into and through the levels of the Middle School culminating in readiness for the Senior School.
- The promotion of an identity for staff and students involved in the Middle School through fortnightly school assemblies and house activities.