A.C.N. 40 005 962 792
CRICOS Provider No. 00578B
Heathdale Christian College offers limited places to overseas students who are interested in Years 9 to 12 education in Australia and have a particular interest in studying in a supportive Christian environment.
Overseas students who wish to be enrolled below Year 9 level will only be considered if the student will be living with at least one parent.
Heathdale Christian College is not actively engaged in marketing its courses for overseas students and does not employ agents for the purpose of enrolling overseas students.
Overseas students are only eligible to enrol in full-time studies leading to the award of the Victorian Certificate of Education, a certificate requiring a minimum of two years study over the two final years of secondary schooling (Years 11 and 12).
A minimum of 80 percent attendance is required as a condition of enrolment and overseas students are advised to commence in at least Semester 2 of Year 10, as this additional time assists them in the development of English proficiency.
Students intending to study for the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) Units 1 to 4 must either:
- satisfactorily complete a one-semester orientation and language program prior to commencing their VCE studies,
- satisfactorily complete an intensive English language course at a recognised Language school in Melbourne, or
- have a very high level of English language proficiency, as demonstrated by one of the accredited testing agencies.
Current school reports and a character reference are also required on application.
All students applying from non-English speaking countries are required to sit for an English language proficiency test through one of the following services, which have testing centres in many countries:
- The International English Language Testing System
- Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Australian Education Assessment Services
Students may also be tested in any of the Australian State capital cities. A list of these testing centres is available upon application. If this arrangement is impractical for genuine reasons, then the College may approve another accredited way of testing applicants
The College, in all its dealings with overseas students, will respect the provision of the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000.
This agreement does not remove the right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
The college is required to report students failing to comply with the attendance or academic requirements of their visa to the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs. (DIMIA)
Students will be reported to the DIMIA if they:
- attend less than 80 percent of the scheduled contact hours for the course,
- apply for approved leave,
- withdraw from the course of study, or
- do not obtain satisfactory academic results.
Any changes of accommodation or guardianship must be notified immediately in writing and must only be made with the College’s approval. Visa cancellation may result if this requirement is not observed.
To request an overseas student application pack, please click on the link below. In the Your Query/Comments section, please state that you are looking at an overseas student enrolment.